Koo Karoo Guest Lodge dates back to 1899 and a stroll around the village will introduce you to more fascinating architecture and historic buildings.
For the lovers of the great outdoors there are many scenic walks, nature trails and mountain hikes and mountain biking trails in and around Montagu. We also have some of the most challenging rock-climbing in the whole of South Africa! The Avalon Springs Resort is home of the hot springs and can be experienced as a day visitor too!
After a long hectic day, enjoy the peace and tranquillity with a glass of Montagu muscadel, or a wonderful dinner at one of our fine restaurants located one street away from your accommodation.
Koo Karoo Self Catering
The Cottage was converted from its former use many years ago as a coach house and it still boasts many of the original features such as the barn doors and original stone walls.
A second self-catering apartment has been created in the east wing of the main house, and is accessed via two private entrances.
Information About the Cottage
• Cottage consists of two separate bedrooms (one room with a king double bed, the other with two single beds) and can accommodate 4 people. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet.
Information About the Apartment
• One ensuite bedroom with a queen double extra length bed and a separate single bed. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet. . The bathroom has a separate entrance independent from the bedroom. The apartment can accommodate 4 people as the open plan lounge has a day bed.
Koo Karoo Guest Lodge Rooms
• The accommodation consists of 3 (three) spacious en-suite bedrooms and each is equipped with tea/coffee facilities, DSTV, fridge, microwave, heater and fan.
• Room 1 – A double bed with ensuite shower and toilet. Private entrance, tea/coffee making facilities, DSTV, fridge, microwave, heater and fan.
• Room 2 – has a queen double bed and a single bed with ensuite bath, shower and toilet. This room also has tea/coffee facilities, DSTV, fridge, microwave and fan.
• Room 3 – has a king double bed with aircon and is ensuite with bath, separate shower cubicle, toilet, tea/coffee making facilities, DSTV, fridge, microwave, heater and overlooks the back garden.
Ideal for small conferences:
Sleeps 14 but can accommodate +/- 25 people for presentations in the large dining/sitting room – with a sunny North front stoep.
Light Breakfast offered on prior arrangement only.
No. 5 Piet Retief Street, Montagu
Low Season From 450.00 per person/night sharing
High Season From 500.00 per person/night sharing
• Disabled Access
• Children Welcome
• Pet Friendly
• Single Rooms Available
• Secure Parking
• TV in room
• Swimming Pool
• Conference Facilities
• Credit Cards Welcome
• Undercover Parking
• Bar Fridge In Room